Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baby Shower #1 - part 2

As I mentioned in a previous post, my sister-in-law is having twins.  I was inspired by the "Remember Whooo Loves You" quilt pattern but wanted to put my own spin on it.  The Tufted Tweets collection by Laurie Wisbrun, which I used for the binding and the main quilt has some tiny little birds, so I went with a similar looking bird.  The original plan was to have a mama bird and a baby bird, but my mother convinced me it would be a sin not to have twin birdies standing on the branch.  It was a bit of a time crunch at the end, but I was able to get this blanket done in time for the shower.  I really like how the applique adds a little something different to the basic quilt block design.  My mind is now full of other ideas to put oversized applique designs on quilt tops.  


There's one more part to this baby shower gift which, sadly, was about an hour away from completion by the time the party came.  I followed my mother-in-law's advice and gave the full gift with an asterisk that I needed to take it back to finish.  (I don't think she minded.)
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post about baby shower. My best friend is expecting twins so I also hosted a surprise shower for her at garden themed event space NYC. I used DIY spring themed decorations for that. Some of my friends also helped with decoration part so it just turned out to be a fantastic bash.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...