Saturday, October 9, 2010

Baby Shower #1 - part 3

The final piece to the twin baby shower gift.  I was inspired on this one by the postcards from the park quilt posted at Film in the Fridge - an absolutely gorgeous quilt that I would love to have in my own home.  This being the last part of the baby gift package, I had lots of odds and end pieces and fabric already cut in strips. 


I started by sewing the long colored strips to a white border on either side.  After cutting them to 4 inch pieces, I added white borders to both sides.


Then came the fun part.  I cut each square to a 6 1/2 inch block at a different angle, perfect for me and all of my "almost, not quite" square blocks, which happens more times than I like to admit.



Finally, I pieced the blocks together in rows, added my new favorite backing - the white dot minkee fabric, added the Laurie Wisbrun Tufted Tweets binding and, voila!  Wonky brick blanket completed.  I really love it and hope to make another wonky brick soon.


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...