Monday, October 18, 2010

Baby Shower #2

A few weeks back I posted a photo of the Amy Butler birdie sling I made using the pretty Valori Wells fabrics in a pink, orange, and cream color combination.   Well now I can finally share the coordinating baby gift set that was made with the same materials.  

This set was a simple baby blanket with a thick contrast binding and cuddly minkee dot fabric for the backing.  I added burp cloths using an off white colored terry cloth on the reverse.  


I also added a reversible bib with the over sized dahlia on the reverse. 

I'm finding lately that the more I share these gifts with friends and family, the more people I find with old sewing machines sitting in the back of their closets just itching to get out.  I always tell everyone that pillow cases are a great way to get your foot in the door and to get the dust off the old machine.  Another simple idea is a burp cloth like this.  I have my friend Denise to thank for sharing with me the simplicity of the burp cloth.  It's so simple to make but there are endless fabric possibilities and a homemade gift is always special, imperfections and all.
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...