Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Count your blessings

Do you ever have one of those days?  You know the ones, you wake up late, spill your coffee, can't find your keys - the old terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  I feel like I've had more of those days lately than I'd like, and today was no exception.  I rushed out the door to the office and, of course, I got stuck in traffic because of an accident.  As I slammed the breaks at yet another yellow light, I thought to myself  "why can't I just catch a break?"  Just then, as I sat at the busy intersection, a homeless man walked across the crosswalk pushing a shopping cart with a few recyclables.

It was an a-ha moment that, unfortunately, I needed this morning.  A gentle reminder - don't sweat the small stuff.  Kiss your honey every morning, wave at school kids riding the bus, let that other car change lanes in front of you and count your blessings each morning and night.
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...