Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trick or Treat!

It's almost Halloween and if you're like you me, you never know what to dress up as but you LOVE to see the trick or treaters.  My house has never been a trick or treat hot spot (I think last year we had two) so this year I'll think we'll be transplants to a more kid-friendly neighborhood.  You think you know what the kids are dressing up as each year, so imagine my surprise last year when my brother and sister-in-law told me they were dressing up my 5 month old nephew as sushi!   I had no idea how it was going to work, but I was game to help out however possible.  Turns out, it's a pretty easy do-it-yourself and a great last minute idea for all ages.

Here's what you do.  
  • Dress in white (or green pants like my nephew) for the rice.
  • Sew an orange rectangular pillow for the salmon.  Add white ribbon on the diagonal for extra salmon detail - fabric glue works great.
  • Tie a thick black ribbon around yourself and the salmon pillow for the seaweed.
  • Add chopsticks, keeping them in place with the ribbon.
Voila - sushi!

Happy Halloween!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You have to come over next year. Hundreds of kids, two streets blocked off, haunted house, two houses dueling in as boats from the Pirates of the Caribbean. Giants game being projected onto a garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green pants are the wasabi!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...