Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Black Friday...Week!?!

I never knew that a Friday could turn in to week, but leave it to the brilliant minds of the department store marketing departments to convince us that 4:00 am is not early enough to get the best deals.  Now we have to get started even earlier, even at midnight!  I've seen some stores advertising "beat the rush" sales up to Wednesday and online shops offering sales on Thanksgiving day.  Call me old school, but I'll be up early Friday morning to walk the mall with the best of them. 

It's like my husband and his fishing.  Wait until you've comfortably slept in and had a big breakfast and chances are you're going to hit the lake at the same time as all of the rookies who don't know what they're doing as they stir up the best fishing holes for the guys how know what's up.

Recognize this store? 
Black Friday is a time honored tradition at my house.  On Thanksgiving day we eat our big meal, take a nap and browse the newspapers for the best sales. It takes planning.  You have to prioritize.  Nordy's has been known to serve complimentary fresh brewed coffee for the early birds.  Sears is a nightmare - think of all of the men who got dragged along consolidated in one single tool department.  Crate & Barrel doesn't open until something like 10:00 am. 

This year I'll be doing my Black Friday shopping at an entirely new mall that I've never even seen.  I did some recon tonight online and discovered an iPhone app to show me the mall layout and deals.  Hopefully I'll be on my A game.

Remember, if you're not there early, you have no one to blame but yourself for the crowds and crankiness.  The mall is a surprisingly fun place when you're surrounded by seasoned pros who know what they're doing.  Best of luck to all of you! 
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...