Monday, November 15, 2010

If the shoe fits

There's an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes.  Where they're going.  Where they've been.
Can you name that movie?  I realize it's not a difficult one (Forrest Gump) but I've been thinking about it a bit today.  Have you ever taken a look at someones shoes to get an impression about them?   Have you ever taken a look at your own shoes?  

A good friend of mine used to send me those emails asking 20 questions like: What did you eat last night?  Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?  What is your favorite TV show?  What kind of socks are you wearing right now?  I found it fascinating how much you could learn about someone from a simple little email.  Of course, I was always wearing my black business socks and she was always wearing some cute Southern California sandals (or at least if felt like that.)

Look right now.  Do your socks have holes?  Do they match?  Are you in your favorite slippers or still wearing your work shoes?  Did you do a quick touch up job on your black shoes with a Sharpie pen?  Do you love your shoes?

A few years ago I was in to reading the Shopaholic books.  There's a scene in the first book where Rebecca takes all of her shoes out of her closet and takes a photo.  I couldn't help but smile, because I myself had recently done the exact same thing.  Shoes can be like old friends.  They can carry wonderful memories of hours spent playing pickleball with friends or dancing all night long at a friend's bachelorette party.  They can also bring back bad memories of blisters and pain from that wedding where you ran in to your ex.   Either way, they tell a story.  What's yours?

Here's a little sneak peek in to the story from my weekend.
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...