Friday, December 10, 2010

An owl for Getty

In my last post I told you a little bit about a girl named Getty and I mentioned some owl fabric.  Here are some photos of the finished project that will soon be heading her way.  It's definitely a one-of-a-kind, just like the real Getty.  I hope in some small way it can bring a little bit of joy to her and her family this holiday season.


On this blanket, I played around with some applique and created my own owl design for the center block using the fabric as my inspiration.  With so many great owl prints, I wanted to show off the designs but still add a personal touch.  The Getty owl in the center was given blue eyes and a little bow to make her extra special.


Don't forget, to learn more about Getty's journey, follow her blog at http://gettyowl.com/.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Kristi...I know I said this before, but the blanket is AMAZING!!! I can't wait for Kate to see it. Thank you so much for making this special gift for Getty. I know she's going to just love it! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog tonight and I am so incredibly moved that you posted a few times about our sweet Getty. Thank you so much. Lisa told me that you were a very talented person and I will also add quite caring as well. We LOVE the blanket, we use it all the time. We are so humbled by the notion that you even made it for her and it is just gorgeous. Thank you so much for making Getty's Christmas that much more special. Can I send you a picture of her snuggled in it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...