Thursday, January 6, 2011

P is for Penny

Phew...the holidays are over.  It's the start of a new year, work has seemed to ease up a little bit and I'm starting to feel more like myself again.  With the new calendar, I'm taking the approach that all of the stress from 2010 is in the past and am now looking forward with optimism to the exciting unknown.  

Something that is known, however, is that the baby showers will keep on coming and all of the projects that come with them!  While this next project wasn't technically done in 2011, I'll let it slide.  I start with some new burp cloths (3.0?) using Amy Butler's Midwest Modern.  The backing for the new and improved 3.0 version is a Gerber cloth diaper.  I liked making this version because it seemed to have the perfect size already.  I don't know much about actually using a burp cloth, but it seems like a very practical absorbent and soft material.  (Props to my brother who trusted me and my lack of actual baby experience to pick up my one day old niece despite my fear and hesitation.)


In case you're digging the bag in the photo with the burp cloth, it's by Petunia Pickle Bottom and you can find it online here


On top of the burp cloths, I also added a custom photo frame and mat and this "P" blanket using more of the Midwest Modern fabric.  The back was my customary white minky dot fabric.  This one got finished and shipped off just in time for Christmas for little Penelope.

Well, it's life back to normal again, which, in our house means time for new sewing projects and even some man-crafting.  (More on that another day.)
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Lucca will be happy with you holding her any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi,
    Love the blanket. I should get some of the fabric to make something for baby Yates. Karla's bumper pads are pink and taupe damask fabric. Your blanket reminds me of her colors. Do you put a binding on the blanket? It looks like you do, but it's hard to tell on the picture. I made a bassinet skirt over Christmas break and I also made a crib bed skirt. I'll have to take pics and send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,

    Yes, the blankets do all have a binding. The Penny blanket was just a solid pink, the same pink that was the background behind the "P". Let me know if you'd like some more pink fabrics. I'll send some down!

    Please send me your photos. I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...