Thursday, January 13, 2011

Simple Sewing Project

As I have mentioned, my sister-in-law recently had twin boys.  With all of the work I knew she would soon be facing, I wanted to make her something really useful.  One night she mentioned that she needed something to keep the door to the babies' room open.  The flashbulb went on and I remembered a book given to me by another sister-in-law.  It's called Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter and it's full of a wide variety of projects that are, you guessed it, simple.

This project was quite easy to make and it definitely functions as a unique and creative doorstop.  I was able to put it together quite quickly, my only problem was not having enough beans to fill the entire doorstop.  Not wanting it to weigh too much, after filling it about half full with beans, I filled the top with pillow stuffing.  It's probably better for the little ones anyway.


I love this book for easy to follow instructions and the sketches for each of the patterns.  I'm much more of a visual learner so the more pictures, the better.  A few years ago I made the All-Day Tote for another sister-in-law and, at the time, it was one of my more ambitious projects.  I didn't have any experience making bags back then, but the book helped me get to the finish line.  Unfortunately, I don't have a photo to share, so you'll have to trust me that it turned out alright.
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...