Friday, January 21, 2011

Zig Zag completed


My minky fabrics arrived last Saturday so I was able to complete the zig zag blanket.  I used extra strips of each of the Soul Blossom patterns and pieced together the binding.  With so many busy fabrics, I think you hardly even notice that the binding isn't all one pattern.


Here's a peek at the back of the blanket.  It's the super soft white dot minky fabric that I love so much.  It adds a nice lightweight cuddly touch.  


My next mission will be to find the best resource for the minky.  According to my crafty aunt, it's in the Fabric District in downtown Los Angeles where she tells me I can get all of my favorite fabrics for a fraction of the price.  Not only that, but just a few blocks from all of the fabric magic is the Garment District.  Department store sample sales, designer brands, $5 price tags.  The only thing that could make it better would be a Diddy Riese.  Sitting here now, I wonder how I ever left LA :)
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. @Andy
    If I'm lucky, I'll make it to Diddy Riese this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...