Monday, February 7, 2011

It's a Hoot

Well it was another spring-like weekend here in the Sacramento Valley so I was able to snap a few photos of a recently completed blanket.  This one was completed using It's a Hoot by MoMo fabrics and to me, the colors just look like Spring.




This project started with a charm pack (42 - 5" x 5" fabric squares) and some extra yardage that I picked up at Fabrics on Mill Street in Grass Valley.  To break up the simple 5 inch squares, I randomly cut each square into two pieces and paired them with a coordinating print.  I added a white sashing and a border using Aqua Owl Woods to add a little size.




When I originally set out to work with this fabric a few months ago, my pattern idea was to do a small square inside of a square.  It turned out to be too difficult for me to work with having only 5 inch squares but, coincidentally, here is a very similar blanket that was posted recently at the Moda Bake Shop.  This pattern was done using a layer cake (10 inch squares) by Cindy at Hyacinth Quilt Designs and it is beautiful.




And for those of you keeping track at home, the number of relatives visited this weekend...22.
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...