Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Meadowsweet

No, I didn't give up blogging.  Yes, I have been busy working on several projects including this one - my quilt using the vibrant and colorful fabric called Meadowsweet.


I discovered this quilt top pattern several months ago and have been waiting for just the right fabric to go along with it.  The patterns are large and bright and I wanted to show off the designs without getting too overwhelmed by quilt blocks.  I'm not usually the type to painstakingly lay out and cut each block for corner perfection, but this one was so simple, the corners almost line up just right.  Yay me!


Since I planned on actually quilting this project I tried to iron all of my seams in the directions opposite from the adjoining piece to avoid any chunky corners.  


After completing the quilt top and back and pinning the layers together with the batting, I was ready to quilt (or so I thought).  I forgot these little flower appliques for the front, so I had to undo and re-do my pins, but I think it'll be worth it.


Check out the quilt top hanging in the background.  It's my new "design wall".  We have recently moved  some furniture around the house so I now have a place to hang my works in progress.  It's very exciting.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. The quilt looks great.. can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is so pretty! I love the fabrics you picked. What is that quilting pattern called?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @robynjoy

    For this quilt I was inspired by the "Sweet Cheeks" pattern by Thimble Blossoms. You can find it here http://thimbleblossoms.bigcartel.com/product/sweet-cheeks-pattern-114

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi,
    Love this quilt. I like both the fabric and the pattern.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...