Friday, February 25, 2011

My early picks

Are you watching American Idol this season?  I am, and much more diligently this year with the new judges.  I'm happy to see J Lo and Steven Tyler.  They have really stepped up so far but let's be honest, were Paula Abdul's shoes really that much to fill?


So after last night's announcement of the top 24, here are my early picks.


Casey Abrams - the bass player with the shaggy hair and beard.  He's a talented musician with enough personality to make it far.


Tim Halperin - average looking guy, pretty sure he rocked the best Beatles performance in Las Vegas while doing a duet on the keyboard and singing Something in the Way.  He's at a slight disadvantage to start because I couldn't remember for sure which was his performance.


Julie Zorrilla - the pretty one who performed the duet w/Tim and played the keyboard.  She's sounds great and is probably the best dressed female.  Very big hopes for her.


Scott McCreery - Baby lock 'em doors...yea, that guy.  I love it.


Honorable Mentions


Kendra Chantelle and Paul McDonald - they sang together in Vegas, Blackbird by the Beatles.  I'm kind of digging the duets.  Maybe Idol should add a duets week!?!


Haley Reinhart - cute, blond hair girl who sang God Bless the Child.  I'm rooting for her too.


That's it.  We'll just have to wait and see how I did.


Side note - tornado clouds in Sactown this afternoon and predictions for snow.  Brrrr...
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...