Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hooray!


Happy Baby Lucca!
Spring is here, however, someone forgot to tell Mother Nature.  That's quite okay with me because you can sew and quilt in any weather, in fact, it's quite nice sitting in front of the sewing machine or shopping for fabric online with the sound of the rain outside. 


During one such rainy day, I stumbled upon a new online fabric source called rufflefabric.com.  I instantly fell in love with all of the color options and started dreaming of projects using this new fabric.  With all of the dark clouds outside, it's no wonder I ended up choosing this gray ruffle.  I'm thinking about making a skirt.  The website also sells decorative elastic and links to several different patterns.  I think I might also try to make a pillow case. 


Another favorite fabric source of mine is fabricworm.com.  I could spend hours (okay, I do spend hours) browsing their amazing selection of Japanese fabrics including this double cotton gauze.




Inspired by the baby snuggles and burpy bibs by aden + anais, I purchased some of this fabric to make to try to make some of my own.  In person, the colors are very cool and calming.



This is another 100% cotton double cloth.  You can find this and so much more at the super cool superbuzzy.com.

And just because you can never have too many fabrics or crafty tools, this weekend is the Sacramento Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival.  Very exciting!
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...