Sunday, March 27, 2011

Synergy

According to wikipedia, synergy may be defined as two or more agents working together to produce a result not obtainable by any of the agents independently. 


In my world, synergy is the coming together of two seemingly opposite interests to form a more perfect union. (Wait, is that the preamble to the constitution?  Oh well.)


Recently, I checked my Google Reader to find that fatquarterly.com was running a March Madness tournament.  No not the NCAA men's basketball championship, but a bracket of designer fabrics lined up head to head in a competitive, winner take all tournament! I apologize for not letting you in on this earlier if you are excited as I am, but you can still play along.  The madness started out with 64 of the best modern fabrics of the past year and is now in the Regional section.  If you want to vote, click here.


You may see some of my favorites like this one - Bliss by Bonnie & Camille.



I'm pulling for Central Park by Kate Spain, it's my new favorite and at the top of my birthday wish list this year (wink, wink).




Check back for the next regional competition where you'll see It's a Hoot (above) and Meadowsweet 2 (below).



And where is the judges save when you need it?  Can you believe Fandango (below) was beat out last round?  The margin of defeat was a mere 11 votes, so you know your vote counts.  Why not take a minute and have a little fun?  I'm bound to be more successful at this bracket than my (eh, hmm) NCAA bracket.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love the Fandango line. I have some but have not cut into it yet. Your quilt is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilts! Lovely fabric choices! I had a look at the fabric tournament thing but had a hard time choosing between fabrics. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...