Saturday, April 23, 2011

Quilt along progress check

Greetings!  Thought I'd give a progress update on my Spring Quilt Along quilt.  Here is the quilt top all completed.  This one came together very simply.  Each of the large color blocks is just nine squares, bound together with Kona Lime.  (Thanks to my cool hubby who got me the Kona Cotton Solids color reference card so I could check the name.  1 inch samples, 219 colors, it's pretty awesome.)





The outer border is Nicey Jane Picnic Bouquet - Sky.  (Perfect, right?)  I don't have a photo of the back, but the completed top measured a nice 42 x 42, so I was able to use one large piece of  Nicey Jane Hello Roses - Dove.


As this was my first online quilt along, I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I can now say that I've really enjoyed the whole process.  The pattern was nice and simple so I was confident that I could stick with it and finish it to completion.  The best part was checking out everyone else's projects in the Flickr group.  It's fun to see how the same pattern can look so different with different fabrics and it's also a great place to find inspiration for future projects.  Think I might have to find another quilt along to do in the future.

Happy Easter everyone!
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...