Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Quilt Along - Day 1

Today was the start of the Spring Quilt Along.  After much debate and browsing over fabrics, I settled on Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey.  I had every intention of using a charm pack already in my stash, but when thinking of a spring picnic, I thought these colors were the perfect fit for a blanket and tote.


I purchased my fabrics from the Sacramento Quilt Craft & Sewing Festival a few weeks ago.  I got a great deal on some one yard cuts.  Instead of using a the precut 5 inch charm pack squares, I cut my own.  This allowed me a bit more freedom when arranging the nine square blocks.



 I decided to put the blocks together by color rather than a random pattern.  The four blocks will be white, green, blue and yellow.


The next step tomorrow is to sew the blocks together.
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...