Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Beach Mod Completed

My Circa 60 Beach Mod quilt is pieced, quilted and bound!  This one was a big one (literally and figuratively) for me.  It was the first one that I machine quilted completely on my own machine, and while the quilting is simple - diagonals across each block - I'm pretty happy with out it turned out.  


The inner border is Kona Snow and the outer is Kona Emerald.  The batting on this quilt is also 100% organic.  The backing is pieced with the Snow, Emerald and some Kona Chocolate.  These warm colors were a nice compliment to the bold patterns of the blocks.


The front started with a fat quarter stack of the Circa 60 prints.  I used what few leftovers I had from the front and pieced together the back.  I think that the bottom worked out perfectly to frame my little quilt label.


This quilt label is very simple to make and was completed using the same technique here.


I'm pretty happy with this completed quilt and I hope that Mom, Dad and Baby will be able to enjoy it for a long, long time.


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...