Monday, December 12, 2011

The Happy Stacker

Did you know I turned 30 earlier this year?  It seems like forever ago (April) since the rest of 2011 has been dominated by my pregnancy and baby planning.  At the time, I didn't yet know that I was pregnant but I was in full sewing and quilting mode.  

It's no secret that one of my favorite fabric designers is Kate Spain and one of my favorite collections is Central Park.  (See my birthday hints here.)  Well, my hints paid off and I received lots of yardage of some gorgeous prints as well as two jelly rolls.  Little did I know at the time that the fabric line would become a large color inspiration for our entire nursery.


One of my favorite projects for the nursery is this stacking ring toy using some of the fabrics from the Central Park line.  The pattern is by Heather Bailey and called the Happy Stacker.  I'm admittedly no expert when it comes to following patterns, so this one was a bit of a challenge.  There was quite a bit of hand sewing involved which kept me occupied during my 2 hour glucose test at the hospital lab.  Without all of that dedicated time to kill, I'm not sure I could have mustered the will power to get through this one.  It was a process for a beginner like me!


The finished project now lives happily on our nursery bookcase.  I love seeing all of the colors and can't wait to see it finally in use.  Hope you like it little guy!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such valuable information.Keep posting such great info for us thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...