Monday, January 30, 2012

Mommy, Daddy, "Plus" One

To those who saw my last post, I know what you're thinking...gosh, that's a nice looking quilt but I can't see it because there's a baby blocking most of it!  Well, here's a better look.


I'd wanted to make a "plus quilt" for quite some time after spotting them around the world wide web.  I more or less followed this tutorial posted on the sugary sweet blog, In Color Order. The pattern was simple, just cut out squares and arrange them just so to form your plus signs.

The fabric is called Innocent Crush by designer Anna Maria Horner.  This was an extremely popular line in the quilty, bloggy world.  Just to give you an idea, when I searched my Google Reader, there were 137(!) posts that mentioned this fabric.  Suffice it to say, I jumped on the Innocent Crush bandwagon.


Here's a shot at the back.  I used one of the larger scale prints from the line.  The quilting was simple, I just outlined each row and column in a straight line.


Finally, here's a look at the entire front.  (Note, this photo was taken late last year, so pregnancy "cankles" have been conveniently cropped from all photos.)

Hope everyone is having a great day.  My little one is currently taking a nap on this lovely quilt, but I think I hear grunting, gotta run!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...