Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tres Leches

Last Saturday I found myself with some free time and extra energy so I decided to have a mini impromptu Cinco de Mayo fiesta.

Not satisfied with the tacos, margaritas, and guacamole alone, I wanted to bake something for dessert.  A short Google search later and I stumbled across this recipe for Tres Leches.  Again, this was a totally new dessert for me - never baked, never tried, but hey, why not?


I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand, but it was definitely worth the trip to the store for the tres leches.  (Tres leches is just 3 milks - evaporated milk, condensed milk and heavy cream.)  The combined milks are poured over the top of the cake once it comes out of the oven.  Mmmm, I'm getting hungry just typing it.

So the recipe called for the pan to be "liberally" coated with spray, but as you can see from the second photo up above that I was not liberal enough.  My cake totally stuck to the pan and I had to sadly break it out in chunks to flip it over.  Luckily, once the tres leches were poured on and the frosting was made, no one would have been the wiser if I didn't share my photo.  (Don't the fresh strawberries look yummy?)

This cake was delicious when it came out of the refrigerator and we had quite a fun little fiesta topped off by a little Cinco de Mayo Pandora station.  I highly recommend giving this dessert a try, even if you just order it from a restaurant, I'm willing to bet it's still a delight.

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...