Friday, June 1, 2012

Patchwork Baby

Guess what?  We just welcomed another baby boy to the family!  Can you believe it?  I think we should start a baby boy band or something.  Wouldn't that be something?

This little guy comes from my dad's side of the family so when I went searching for fabric inspiration, I found a baby blue Japanese fat quarter that I'd purchased a while back and knew it was the perfect fit.  With the first fabric chosen, finding coordinates from my stash was a breeze.  I was on a short time table, so I got cutting right away making 5 inch squares for a simple patchwork quilt.  (See Hubby, this is why I need to constantly add to my fabric stash; so I'm ready at a moment's notice to whip together a gift!)


You may recognize some of the fabrics from here, here, here, and here.  Oh yea, and here.

I also love the back of this quilt.  If you didn't know, my hubby is quite the fisherman, so I've been collecting fish themed fabric for quite some time now.  When I dug down deep into my fabric stash and pulled this print, I instantly thought of the new little guy's grandpa who was also a fisherman.  Perfect!


I remembered to add a label to this quilt using the same method I originally used here.

And for a little sneak peek behind the scenes, here's a shot of us getting ready for photos.  Isn't he a cutie?

My little guy - 5 months



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...