Monday, November 12, 2012

42 days...

until Christmas!

Here's a little peek at what I've been working on.


Lily supervises

First off, I've been piecing together some new stockings.  I followed this pattern to make some quilty, patchwork stockings that are much brighter and cheerier than stockings old.  (Although, if I'm being honest, stockings are pretty self explanatory, no pattern needed.  I thought the pattern was too small so I took out my old stockings and traced them for a larger size.) The fabrics are mostly from my stash: a little Amy Butler Full Moon Polka Dot, some Bonnie & Camille Vintage Modern, a dash of Lizzy House Pearl Bracelet, Kate Spain Joy and maybe a bit of some Anthology High Society to name a few.  My hope is that these will be around for a while, so I chose from some of my favorites.

So far, two stockings are completely done - one in a pinwheel pattern, the other a HST zig zag.  I wasn't quite up for hand piecing hexagons like the pattern calls for, so I followed this tutorial for a small hour glass block.


Did you notice in the first photo, on the bed are a few of my completed blocks for Jeni's Half Square Triangle Block of the Month?  More on that to follow another day...

Well I better get back to sewing if I'm going to get all of my projects done in time for Christmas.  I'll share photos of the finished projects soon (I hope.)

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...